Happy Halloween! On the right are the pumpkins we carved last weekend. The scared one on the right was mine. Sorry about the crummy quality. I just grabbed the camera and snapped a picture for posterity. :)
Tony and I have a full night of scary movies and popcorn ahead of us tonight! But first a link round up!
I hosted the Festival of Frugality this week, and it has an appropriately spooky theme. If you haven’t had a chance to browse the best of frugal blogging this week, I suggest you check it out. Lots of great ideas!
And here are my favorite posts from my reader this week:
- Green Baby Guide has some great tips for simplifying dinnertime when things are stressful.
- Lynnae at Being Frugal shares her frugal moving tips. We’re already looking ahead to our next move in a year and a half, and I’ll definitely keep these ideas in mind.
- Mercedes at Common Sense with Money crunches the numbers and uncovers the real cost of layaway offers. Yikes! Very timely as many retailers bring this practice back.
- Paid Twice offers an interesting perspective about dieting and food costs. I find that one of the number one ways to reduce the food budget is avoiding overeating.
- Andrea Dickson at Wise Bread shares three reasons to stop freaking out about socialism. This is something to keep in mind as the election draws so near, especially considering the particularly nasty and misleading turn of the campaign lately.
I hope all of you enjoy your Halloween tonight! Be safe and have fun!