Only five more days until our Christmas road trip! I’m really feeling the stress of last minute planning, but I’m doing my best to take it in stride.
I’m really excited for a weekend of frugal holiday fun. I spent last night baking brownies and cookies for a holiday party at my office today. Then tonight Tony and I are seeing “It’s a Wonderful Life” on the big screen for free!
Saturday night we’re having a private Christmas celebration so we can make a yummy Christmas dinner and exchange gifts. Then we’ll spend Sunday doing laundry, packing, cleaning, and doing other last minute preparations for our trip.
Lots to do, but so much to look forward to!
And on to my favorite posts from this week:
- Free From Broke asks is now the right time to buy a house? This buyer’s market makes me wish we could take advantage.
- The Simple Dollar shares some great tips for how to avoid the expensive ups and downs of the holiday season.
- Mrs. Micah shows how not to handle overspending and also offers some helpful tips for damage control.
- Budgets are Sexy shares his rules for cash gifts. It’s so easy to lump cash gifts in with regular money, but I agree with him that it’s important to honor the wishes of the giver and use it for something fun.
- Kacie at Sense to Save has an incredibly helpful and comprehensive list for parents to be of what she’s spent on her baby so far (he’ll be born any day now!). While you’re there, make sure you read her simple tip for weighing packages before you head to the post office.
Now I’m off to enjoy some (hopefully stress-free) holiday cheer. Hope you are, too!