Ugh. I don’t know why I’m surprised that I’m coming down with a cold. I haven’t been sick since October and we’re right in the middle of flu season, so I’m due. I just always feel so shocked when I start to get sick, like I can’t believe it’s happening to me.
Hopefully I’ll suffer the worst of it over the weekend. I hate to use my vacation time when I’m sick, and there’s nothing worse that working through a cold when all you want is to be in bed.
Being sick on the weekend is no fun, but at least I’ll have plenty of time to rest. I’ll park myself on the couch with the remote control and plenty of fluids. I guess the upside is I can skip the gym until I’m feeling better. :)
Here are my favorite reads from the blogosphere this week:
- Mrs. Micah asks what kind of work is beneath you? Working in retail with thousands of dollars of student loan debt was no fun for me, but it helped me pay the bills. Honestly, though, I found that a lot of employers were wary to hire me if I was overqualified — they weren’t looking to hire someone who was looking for “something better” and might leave at any time.
- Northern Cheapskate was looking to simplify her life, but decided that sometimes the extra work (and income) is worth the chaos.
- Sense to Save reminds herself what motivates her to get out of debt. We all have our reasons, and it’s good to take a step back and remember them every once in a while.
- Almost Frugal offers helpful tips for drastic frugality when there’s more month than money. I’m glad that we no longer live paycheck to paycheck, but I’ve certainly been there.
- Being Frugal explains how budgeting provides freedom. I feel the same way! When I know exactly what I can spend, I feel more free to live my life without worrying if I’ll have enough money.
- Frugal Upstate offers a handy guide for creating a budget in 5 steps. It really is that easy.
- Being Frugal is Fabulous is enjoying the convenience and simplicity of meal planning for the first time. It can be a hard habit to start, but once you get into it, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Now I just have to make it through the work day, then it’s off to bed for me. :( Happy Friday!