I’ve got a busy couple of months coming up. We’re taking a mini-vacation to Washington DC at the end of the month, then we’re expecting several visitors in March and April. In addition to that, I just found out I’ll be going on a business trip at the end of March.
When I get busy, it’s more important than ever that I keep stress levels down. I find the best way to reduce stress is avoid it by staying on top of this a little bit at a time. Even if it’s something small, every little bit helps.
Here are some of the little things I do to keep things running smoothly and reduce stress:
- Make my lunch and lay out my clothes before bed to avoid rushing around in the morning.
- Spend 15 minutes a day tidying up to avoid a major mess at the end of the week.
- Do one load of laundry every night to avoid a pile-up.
- Plan a menu for the week.
- Avoid letting clutter pile up on flat surfaces (tables, shelves, etc.)
- Keep a small notepad with me to make notes and monitor my to-do list.
Avoiding stress a little bit at a time works for me. What little things do you to to avoid stress when you’re busy?