Am I the only one who feels like October sneaked up on us a bit? But I’m not complaining. October is my absolute favorite month.
It’s also the month I feel most homesick for the Midwest. The weather in North Carolina is beautiful right now — finally. It’s been in the 70s and sunny every day, and the humidity has finally left the air, but I miss the October chill in Indiana. I used to work at an apple orchard in the fall when I was in high school, and I don’t think I’ll ever stop missing warm cider on a chilly fall day.
The leaves do turn colors here at the end of November, but it’s brief compared to the several weeks when the leaves are golden in Indiana.
But I’m enjoying the cooler temperatures here, and I’m just happy to have the humidity out of my life!
Now for some good reads:
- Three ways to curb impulse spending – Not Made of Money
- Can you survive with one car in suburbia? – Wise Bread
- Lifestyle inflation is about more than you – Money Ning
- Green and frugal lessons from Mom – simple mom
- Easy green products that really work – On Simplicity
Now I’m off to enjoy the weekend. Happy Friday!