This is my absolute favorite time of year, and even though our weather isn’t quite as cool as I’d like it to be, it hasn’t stopped me from enjoying the season.
Fall isn’t just cozy and comfortable. It’s also frugal. Here are my favorite frugal things about my favorite season.
- Finally opening the windows, airing out the apartment, and turning off the air conditioner. Hello, lower electric bills!
- Warm oatmeal for breakfast. A huge canister lasts two weeks, and it only costs $3!
- Big pots of soup that last all week.
- The crunch of leaves under our feet during long morning walks bundled up in cozy sweaters.
- Staying in on the weekends to watch a movie under the covers.
- Bundling up on the couch to work on a quilting project.
What are your favorite frugal things about fall?