Forgive me, but I don’t have a regular post lined up for today. I do, however, have a ton of things on my mind. So how about I share them?
- I feel like I’m melting. It’s another 90-degree day in Indiana (as I’m sure it is in many other parts of the country), and the heat is 100 times less tolerable now that I’m pregnant. For the past three years when we were living in North Carolina, the temperatures were even warmer than they are here, and we lived on the third floor. Yet I was reasonably comfortable with the thermostat set on 78-80 degrees. Now it’s set on 75 degrees, and I’m so uncomfortable that I’m fighting the strong urge to turn it down to 70 and sit under a vent. I am counting down the minutes to fall.
- I’m transitioning to a work-at-home schedule, and I’m slammed with work this week. I’m glad that there’s a lot for me to do right now, but it’s a lot harder to organize my time now that I don’t have clear boundaries between the office and home. I’m working on it, but I think it’s going to be a struggle for the first few weeks.
- Now that I’ve got a little more time on my hands (and we’re trying to save more money), I’m back into the drugstore game. I briefly tried my hand at couponing and drug storing a few years back (when I cleared out my coupon organizer, most of them expired at the end of 2008), but it was kind of a flop. I just didn’t have the time or motivation to devote to it. But it went really well this week! In fact, I got all this for $25 today. And we went ahead and subscribed to the Sunday edition of the local paper so we don’t have to worry about running out to pick it up every week. (It’s also about $1 cheaper per issue than the newsstand price.) Here’s hoping I can stick with it this time.
- For the first half of my pregnancy, I didn’t have a hard time giving up all of the things I’m not supposed to have. Now, though, I’m missing Diet Coke pretty desperately. I wasn’t even drinking that much of it in the months leading up to the pregnancy, but for some reason I’ve been craving it lately. Even though I know a little caffeine is okay at this point, I can’t bring myself to ingest the aspartame. And sadly, sugar sodas just don’t cut it. Harumph.
- A mix-up at the post office has led to all of my in-laws mail coming to our address. This is the second time the post office has screwed up mail forwarding for us in the past three months. Ugh.
In short, I’m in a bit of a funk. What’s new with you?