It’s been awhile since I did a round-up! First we were out of town, then celebrating my birthday, and last weekend I was just being lazy. I’ll be hosting next week’s Festival of Frugality (yikes), so I wanted to make sure I was current on my reader and in the loop in the frugal blogosphere!
With the temperature FINALLY cooling off, I’m ready for a weekend of fun fall activities. We’re carving pumpkins, making cider, and celebrating the fact that the air conditioner has finally shut off for good this year. I’m looking forward to seeing our electric bill cut in half for the next few months!
And now on to the round up!
- Deal Seeking Mom wrote a great series this week about bringing in extra income. My favorite post in the series was about blogging for income using affiliate sites.
- Dana at Not Made of Money shared some great tips for increasing your liquidity during these times of economic stress.
- I love the way the Happy Housewife views the drop in gas prices. Instead of spending it, she’s looking for the best way to use the extra money that she’s not spending on gas.
- Kelly at Almost Frugal shared some great frugal pet tips. This is a topic close to my heart. I think it’s important for people to recognize that a pet is a big financial commitment, but like all other things in life, there’s definitely a frugal way to do it!
- Christina at Northern Cheapskate shared gift ideas that help others save money. I love the idea of giving the gift of savings and spreading frugality to the people you love.
- Kacie at Sense to Save wrote a fun post on varying degrees of frugality. I guess it all depends on how extreme you want to be! I usually find myself somewhere in the middle of the scale.
I hope you all enjoy a beautiful fall weekend! Happy Friday!