Photo by sideshow blues
I hope you’re all enjoying a safe and happy holiday. Now is the perfect time to take a step back and think about all the people and things that are truly important in your life.
Here’s what I’m thankful for this holiday season:
- Seven months of marriage to my wonderful husband, who will be with me every step of the way for the rest of our lives. He’s been incredibly supportive and willing to hop on board the frugal train from the beginning. I’m so thankful for our shared goals and his willingness to make sacrifices to help us reach them.
- My parents, my sisters, their husbands, and my healthy nieces and nephews. I don’t see them as much as I’d like, but I’m thankful for their well being and their presence in my life.
- My new in-laws who accepted me completely as part of their family long before it was ever official and have provided us with endless support and love.
- A job that I enjoy (most days) where I’m learning a million new things every day.
- An unexpected career in a field I didn’t know existed before I was hired at my job, but that I’m so excited to be a part of now.
- A steady paycheck that allows me to pay all of my bills on time, put food on the table, and save for the future.
- Frugality and budgeting. Without it, I would still be financially lost and overwhelmed with no goals and no plan.
- The people who read my blog. This blog has been such a huge part of our financial journey so far. I truly love blogging, and I’m thankful to the people who take the time to read it. Without you, I’d be talking to myself. :)
- The coming year and its endless possibilities.
I hope you’re all taking the time to count your blessings this holiday season. Merry Christmas!