Note: This should have been published on Friday morning. But I just realized that I saved it instead of publishing it. Doh. So here’s my Friday round up … two days late. Sorry!
Spring has definitely arrived. The flowers are blooming, the leaves have returned to the trees, and it’s going to be another 70-degree weekend. I’m enjoying this weather while I can, because it’s going to be hot soon.
And now for my favorite posts from the week:
- Free From Broke discusses having the money talk with your spouse. Great advice, but I’m always surprised to find out that some couples don’t talk about money.
- Not Made of Money shares some tips for frugal container gardening.
- Get Rich Slowly shared the inspiring story of an 84-year-old social worker who quietly saved over a million dollars simply by living frugally.
From the Pecuniary Associates:
- Pecuniarities learned that procrastination is the leading cause of financial death while preparing her taxes this week.
- Counting My Pennies compared her grocery spending habits with the USDA Food Plan and discovered she may be spending too much.
- Greener Pastures compares the pros and cons of bottled water. I prefer the happy medium between bottled and tap water: filtered tap water.
- Financial Nut shares a guest post from Mike’s Millions with 401k Retirement tips.
That’s all I’ve got. Hope you’re all enjoying the weekend!