It’s finally Friday, and I’m looking forward to a long weekend!
This weekend we’re celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary in Charleston, South Carolina. It’s going to be a very frugal trip, and I’ll be sharing the details with you on the trip when we return. :)
But now a round up!
- The Simple Dollar shares the advantages of spending less. My favorite: saving money is tax free!
- Northern Cheapskate wrote a great series on budgeting basics. Whether you’re budgeting for the first time or just updating your system, Christina’s tips are a great place to start!
- At Sense to Save, Kacie recommends breaking your goals into chunks to make them less overwhelming.
- Megan at Counting my Pennies asks is it worth the time? Frugal people are often willing to go to great lengths to save just a little money. It’s helpful to put things into perspective sometimes! (I’d say most of the time, it’s worth it. Every little bit counts!)
- Pecuniarities explored the science behind saving money with a two-part series on using thermodynamics to keep your home cool by limiting heat sources and creating a simple frugal cooling system.
I’m heading out of town, but I’m working on scheduling posts for my brief absence. Happy Friday, and enjoy the long weekend!